The My Dashboard page allows business development representatives to organize the providers in their territory, so they can quickly pull up providers when refining account plans and preparing for a visit. Additionally, within the Physician tab, representatives can create reports that identify the most promising physicians for driving growth in their territory.
|When you first visit the My Dashboard page the default Action Panel, My Physician List, will show favorites you have previously created. Other Action Panels will be added to your dashboard when you create Reports.|
My Physician List
The My Physician List collects all your favorite and targeted physicians in a single table. From this one table you will be able to review these physicians and then plan your visit with those physicians when you are ready to engage them.
The table itself summarizes some helpful information and there are three immediate uses that should be mentioned.
- Favorites/Targets - Identifying whether the physician is a favorite or target is easy. Physicians can be removed from the list by turning both off.
- Links to Detail Pages - Each Physician name is a link to the detail page for that physician. A single click will allow you to review the metrics for that physician to highlight talking points. - right click on the name/link and select "open link in new tab" to keep the My Dashboard page open and to easily compare multiple detail pages.
- Plan my Visit - The Plan My Visit tool helps you to prepare for your visit by providing summary information about the selected physician.
It is important to remember that if a physician is listed in this table, they have been evaluated and identified as a worthwhile prospect. For the listed physicians, it is time to strategize how to best engage with that physician.
The first column is the favorite star which can be toggled on in many tables and the reports created in this Dashboard. You can click on any star to toggle it on or off. If you turn the favorite off, that physician will no longer be a favorite in tables throughout the Solution and it will be removed from this table if you refresh the page or navigate away. You can add a targeted physician to your favorites, and then you will be able to filter for that physician as a favorite in the Solution where the favorite filter exists.
The target column identifies targeted physicians. This is also a toggle that can be turned on and off. See the entry below for Target Type for more details.
|Physician Identification information||These three columns identify the physician by name, address, city and state. Please note that the Physician table in Favorites Action Panel will include physicians from any market (State) to which you have access in the Solution.|
|Summary Metrics||Total HHA and Total Medicare Patients treated by this physician. The Total HHA Patients are those patients who were admitted to home care who were also seen by the physician within 90 days of admission. The Total Medicare Patients include all Medicare patients treated by the physician within the one year reporting period.|
Target type identifies the origin of the targeted physician (that is, how did it get assigned to the table in this Action Panel?)
Three of the abbreviations identify the report, created on this page or viewed from this page, where the physician was selected.
|Plan My Visit||This is a button that will take you to the Plan My Visit page for the chosen physician. See Home Health Dashboard - Plan My Visit.|
Since you can make a physician a favorite or a target from anywhere in the Solution, we suggest you use the favorite star to denote a known account and the target for new prospects.
Adding Reports - Selecting Targets
Several reports are available that list physicians who are likely prospects for sales efforts. You define the parameters for each report when you create the report. For each report you will be able to select 1 or more counties within a specific state to create a defined market. Then there are affiliation and utilization thresholds that you can set to further limit the results in the report.
Once you create a report, you will be able to evaluate each listed physician and then add any or all of the physicians in the report to your targeted physicians who will be added to your My Physicians List.
The process for creating these reports is simple and intuitive. If you feel confident following a "creation wizard," click on the plus and jump in.
When you click on the at the top right of the Dashboard, you will be given the option to select the type of report:
The creation process after this step will be described in the articles linked below. Short descriptions of each type of report created will help you to decide which report to create first.
- Unaffiliated Physicians - By evaluating where each physician's patients are treated, we can identify physicians whose patients are treated by a spread of home health agencies. In this way we identify physicians who do not have a close affiliation with specific agencies.
- Unaffiliated Physicians have no clear connection to a specific home health agency and are possibly not engaged well with their patients in suggesting home care when it is needed. At the very least, these physicians are excellent prospects to develop a partnership to funnel patients to your agency. They make especially fruitful partners if they treat a larger number of patients.
- Competitor Affiliated Physicians - We identify physicians whose patients are treated, in large percentage, at a small number of agencies. You can identify situations where a physician has a close affiliation with a specific home health agency (or a few agencies).
- Physicians with close affiliations are a two sided coin. On the one hand, they are already sending patients to a specific agency. However, their affiliation identifies them as physicians who are committed to home care. So unless they are sending 100% of their patients to a single agency, you could either prove that your agency would be a better partner, or at least approach the physician for the percentage of patients who aren't part of the flow to the affiliated agency.
- Underutilizing Physicians - This report identifies physicians whose percent of patients receiving home health care is lower than other physicians in the same state and specialty.
- After investigating the physician's patient demographics to find indicators that might explain their underutilization of home care, these physicians are excellent prospects that you can win over by educating about the value of homecare based on the statistics for their patients.
- Physicians Affiliated with My Agency - This report generates a list of physicians with close connections to a chosen agency or agencies based on the percent of the physicians patients who were treated at your chosen agency out of all Home Health Patients.
- A high affiliation percentage held by a physician suggests a connection of some kind with your agency. This requires some contemplation: would engagement with that physician yield an even higher percentage? Or is a high percentage affiliation a reason to focus efforts with other physicians? It might be worthwhile asking why the physician has a strong connection. At the same time, you can filter this report for lower affiliation, e.g. 30%. That affiliation level suggests a measure of engagement, but also advocates for additional cultivation with that physician.
In light of the targeting algorithm we build into the reports, the best course of action is to create one report of each type for your market and start with the cream of each report. How to use each type of report is included in the article for each.
Report Summary Action Panel
After you create a report, an Action Panel is generated automatically and added to your Dashboard. The image below was generated after creating a Competitor Affiliated Physicians Report.
Each report summary action panel contains the same elements.
- Panel Titles - The top, larger title identifies the type of report represented by the Action Panel. The smaller title beneath is the custom name chosen when the report was created.
- - The trash can icon will remove the action panel from your dashboard and delete the settings for the connected report. In order to replace the report and Action Panel you will need to re-create the report by clicking on the + at the top of the screen.
- - The gear allows you to change the settings for the report that generated the Action Panel. These are the same settings that were used when the Report was first created. To review these settings, see the related article for creating each type of report.
- - This will create a .PDF file for the action panel and download it so that it can be printed.
- Physician Count - (In blue rectangle) - This identifies the total number of results that are listed in the related report. Since these reports limit the physicians to the prime targets for each category of report, this keeps the potential right up front.
- Go to Report - clicking on this button will navigate you to the report that generated the Action Panel.
- Bar Graph of High Potential Physicians.
Facility and Home Health Agency Tabs
Clicking on the Facilities tab or the Home Health Agencies tab will open a different table for each. In these tables, you will find your favorite facilities or home health agencies. Summary data is provided in each table