Using this feature, you can filter your physician list to see only those physicians who have submitted claims as part of a specific medical group. Additionally, you can track the relative proportion of claims submitted for that practice group by each participating physician.
Until you select a practice, the column for % of Total Claims (Billing NPI) will be empty. That column is dependent on the selection you make in the Billing NPI filter.
This feature can be used to streamline your organization’s targeting efforts:
- Understand the relationships among physicians.
- Improve visit planning efficiency.
- Perform analyses at the physician practice group level.
How to use the Billing NPI filter
Currently you can only select one practice group at a time.
- Click on the tab or the black triangle on the "Billing NPI" Tab to open the selection window.
- Use the left search field to to add an NPI or practice name. Click on the check box to the left of the desired practice to add it to the filter.
- Once a selection is made, the Main table will be limited to include only those physicians submitting claims using that billing NPI.
- When a selection is made, the “% of Total Claims (Billing NPI)” field will populate
- It is unnecessary to use other filters in conjunction with the Billing NPI filter. You can remove all other filters by clicking on the "Clear Filters" button above and to the left of the row of filters.
Understanding the Metrics
With the filter selected, we have limited the returned items in the Main table to the three physicians who submit claims through the single NPI related to the practice.
- % of Total Claims (Billing NPI) - This is the percent of claims submitted by the selected billing NPI that originated from the physician listed in the row.
- Reporting Period - The percentages in this column are calculated from claims submitted during the standard one year reporting period.
- For example, in the above image, Leslie Anewenah submitted 13.8% of the total Medicare claims associated with the selected Physician group for the selected reporting period.
- For more information on the rest of the metrics in this table, see Physicians Main Table Overview.
IF the percentages don't add up to 100%, there are physicians who bill through the joint NPI who are not in the selected Market (State) and therefore won't show up in the table.
The percentages in this metric represent ALL Medicare claims submitted by the shared billing NPI, not just claims related to the post-acute care setting related to the Solution, e.g. Home Health or Hospice.