Contact information can be found on the detail pages for physicians and facilities in both Solutions and hospices or home health agencies in each relative Solution. Many of the fields in this contact information can be edited in order to update the content to the latest, most accurate version.
One of the most versatile fields is the Alias field which allows each company using the Solutions to create a searchable alias for all of the references listed on a detail page. In sum, the alias field allows you to create an "other" name that is then visible throughout the Solution.
For users who has access to both Solutions, any alias added to a physician or facility will be visible in both the Hospice and Home Health Solutions.
Set an alias to aid in your searching and scanning of item names. Here are some common uses:
- Physician Common Name - sometimes physician names contain typos OR the name listed in CMS is not the name a physician is known by. Add an alias to make a physician easy for your team to find.
- Physician Group Practice - Organizing physicians by their group practice will allow for searches that show all physicians in a group in the same table. Add the group name to the alias field.
- Facility Common Name - Use an alias for any hospital if the name listed in CMS is not the name by which the facility is commonly known.
- Facility Network identification - Using the alias field for identifying facilities in a common medical network will allow a simple search to return all facilities in that network.
- SNF Common Name - Many SNF's are listed in the CMS data under the legal name rather than the name on the sign out front. Adding an Alias makes SNF's easier for your team to find.
- Competitor Common Name - Sometimes a competitor will operate several different agencies in a given region. They may have very different legacy names because agencies were part of an acquisition.
Using the Alias field in conjunction with the favorites adds another layer of capability for organizing the data.
Physicians have an additional Specialty Alias that allows you to add/correct a specialty that is then searchable.
Using the Alias Field
The images in this example come from a Home Health Agency, but all alias changes work the same way.
1) Click on the "Edit" button to the right of Contact Information.
2) The Alias field is at the top for physicians and near the bottom for all others.
3) Type whatever Alias you choose and save the Contact Information. (Notice that as we add "Myrtlewood Care" to the field the background changes to blue to identify that the field has been changed.
4) This item can now be found in relevant tables with a search and the Alias appears below the official name in parentheses.