Although Trella Health has the most current Medicare data possible, there is still a timeline of events that occur each quarter before the data can move from claim into Solution.
For updates on Solution Status, with reference to upcoming data releases, see our Solution Status Page.
- CMS compiles and processes claim data for a specific quarter.
- CMS releases the data approximately two weeks after the close of the following quarter. From experience, this tends to be between 105-110 days from the end of the quarter for which the data was compiled. It is possible for this release period to be extended.
- Trella requests the data, performs massive analytical evaluation and uploads it to the proper location. This requires about 4 weeks.
- The total time from the end of any given quarter to data release in the Solutions is about 135 days. You can simplify this and think, “about 4 and a half months.”
Please use the following diagram to visualize the timeline:
Data Release Dates
If we use the basic timeline above and wrap it around a calendar of four quarters, we can identify some estimated dates for the data releases:
- First Quarter (January through March) released the middle of August
- Second Quarter (April through June) released the middle of November
- Third Quarter (July through September) released the middle of February of the following calendar year
- Fourth Quarter (October through December) released the middle of May of the following calendar year.